Monday, September 22, 2014

Marathon Week 14

Only four weeks to go!

Week 14
Monday: rest
Tuesday: 8.33
Wednesday: 8.01
Thursday: 5.02
Friday: rest
Saturday: rest
Sunday: 13.1

Total miles: 34.46

This week went just as planned. Week 13's reduced mileage meant my legs were rested and ready for 8 miles on Tuesday instead of my usual 5 miles. My goal was to 1) add a few extra miles to the cutback week and 2) keep the extra miles at the start of the week, so I was ready to race on Sunday. If the half marathon had been my primary goal race this fall, I would have cut back my mileage even more.

I was really grateful for the two rest days in a row leading up to the race. I wish that I was able to take an extra day off this week since my legs are definitely tired/sore from the half marathon. The race has left me with a whole slew of emotions and I am still kind of processing it. I'll try to get a race recap up later this week!

2 comments:

  1. Great job this week! Can't wait to hear about your half marathon. Races that leave us flooded with emotions are always worth sharing, good or bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your recap!

    Running a half marathon during marathon training was definitely weird for me. I had trained specifically for my first two half marathons and this one was just sort of an afterthought. I couldn't really taper for it the way I would have liked. I ended up just barely getting a PR, but I know I could have done a lot better if I had really trained for this race and taken the time to prepare for the course, etc. Oh well. I will be training for my next races so I know I'm gonna nail them!

    ReplyDelete