Monday, November 23, 2015

P90X - 21/90

Time to play catch up!

08: Monday November 9th
rest day

09
Arms and Shoulders: Probably the most boring workout ever. Curls and tricep dips just don't do it for me.
Run: 3 miles @ 9:24
Ab ripper X

10
YogaX: Not as terrible as the first time. I kind of had an idea of what I was doing and that made it easier. I also set a timer on my phone for 45 minutes. I stopped the video when it went off. It definitely helped knowing I wouldn't have to go for a full 90 minutes.

11
Legs and Back: Probably my favorite workout so far! I've already learned that my right leg is stronger than my left, so that is something to work on. And in general, I can see how improving leg strength can benefit running.
Run: 3.18 miles @ 9:16. If I recall correctly this was the day it was rainy and windy.
Ab ripper X: skipped (so I could get out of my wet running clothes)

12
rest

13
Run: 3.13 miles @ 9:07
Core Synergy: skipped

14
Run: 3.42 miles @ 9:09

15: Monday November 16
rest day/GRE day

16
Arms and Shoulders
Run: 3.07 @ 9:15
Ab Ripper X

17
I had to work late on Wednesday and it was a miracle that I made it through the day. By the time I got home any doubts as to whether or not I was really get sick had been answered. Yes. Definitely sick.
skipped: yogaX

18
skipped: Legs and Back, Run, Abs
I spent the entire day on the couch. 

19
rest day and still quite sick. Another exciting day on the couch.

20
Run: 4.0 @ 9:28 
I decided I was no longer sick and that a snowy run would be no problem. And since I was finally able to get off the couch I blitzed around the house doing 4 loads of laundry, a bunch of dishes, and some other cleaning. And I made cookies. And by about 4:00 I was right back to feeling miserable.
skipped: core synergy

21
Yet another exciting day on the couch.
skipped: run

Which brings me up to today: day 22, a rest day. I'm feeling better and can actually breathe through my nose for the first time in 4 days (gotta celebrate the small things!). I'm keeping today as a rest day because I learned my lesson on Saturday (and I do not want to be relapse sick on Thanksgiving!). I'm about to start my fourth week of P90X, which is a cut back week. However, I think since I have missed so many workouts in the past week, that I am just going to repeat week 3, then move on to week 4.

I don't feel guilty AT ALL about missing workouts, which is a nice change of pace for me. However, I'm really, really glad that I am following a plan since I can see myself just giving up for the next week: Oh it's Thanksgiving week, I'll just get back into it on Friday. Which would be followed by: I'll just wait until December and make it a fresh start.

No comments:

Post a Comment