Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Marathon Week 4

Monday: 2.56
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: 5.0
Thursday: 3.22
Friday: rest
Saturday: 5.3
Sunday: 4.0 and 2.24

Total miles: 22.32 miles

So you're probably looking at this and wondering what happened to my long run this week. I was scheduled to do a 10 mile run on Sunday, but my legs just would not cooperate. My Sunday run started with a night of tossing and turning instead of sleeping. The park I planned to run at was hosting a race Sunday morning, which I didn't know about until I got there. So I ended up driving all over the place just to end up back at the park closest to home. It also went from not raining to pouring while I wasted time driving around town.

During the run my legs felt heavy and tired. This quickly progressed to feeling like every step hurt more than the last. After 4 miles I decided to call it quits. My body was clearly telling me that I needed a break. I spent a fair amount of time icing sore muscles and then took a glorious 3 hour nap. Sunday night I was feeling much better so I decided to try a double. I kept the pace light and easy and everything felt much better. I'm frustrated that I missed a long run, but I know it is important to listen to my body. I have been upping my mileage pretty aggressively and I didn't want to push myself to another injury. I'll try for 10 again next weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Don't sweat it too much. You've got time! I have faith you'll get your ten miles in when your body is ready next week!

    ReplyDelete