Sunday, July 20, 2014

Marathon Week 5

Nine weeks to the half marathon, thirteen weeks to the marathon. 

Monday: 1.0*
Tuesday: 3.04
Wednesday: 6.3
Thursday: 3.04
Friday: rest
Saturday: 4.0
Sunday: 10.89

Total miles: 28.27 miles

*The one mile run on Monday was the Dart for Art race. Race Report coming soon, promise!

With a race scheduled on Monday I accidentally ended up with a 6 day stretch of solid running (Saturday-Thursday). My legs were definitely feeling a bit fatigued by the end of the stretch. I was so glad that Friday was a rest day. I've tried a running streak before and it was just not for me. I like my rest days!

Due to a slight math mix up, today's long run ended up being closer to 11 miles instead of the 10 that I was aiming for. This long run came together much better than last week's. There were definitely times during the run that my legs were tired (thanks, hills!) but I never felt like I was pushing too hard or that I wouldn't be able to finish.

Mr. Shoe also did his long run this morning and, at 8 miles, it was his longest run ever. We didn't actually end up running together; once we got to the park we went our separate ways. I took some off road trails and he stuck to the paved paths.While I enjoy running together, this worked out well since we were both able to set a pace that worked for us. When we run together we have tendency to really push the pace, which is less than ideal for long slow runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment