Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Plan Needed!


All fancied up!
I was hoping to run every other day this week. Instead I managed to run twice. Ooops.

Monday: planned rest day
Tuesday: 3.62 miles at 3:00 running, 1:00 walking
Wednesday: planned rest day
Thursday: excuse day
Friday: 4.02 miles at 4:30 running, 1:00 walking
Saturday: planned rest day
Sunday: excuse day

I really was planning on running on Sunday, but Mr. Shoe and I attended a wedding Saturday night and I was just exhausted all day Sunday. It is actually a small miracle that I made it through Sunday without taking a nap.

 I think it is time to sit down and write an actual training/recovery plan. I do better when I have a written plan. If I am just making it up as I go, I let myself make up excuses as well (see above). I have been hesitant to write an actual plan, because I didn't want to feel guilty if I couldn't stick with it due to my injury. But I haven't had any issues with my calf so I think it is time to get a plan going.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job on the runs you did get in! That's not something to be written off, especially coming off an injury!

    I feel ya there. It's soooo easy to come up with something else to do or a reason to skip your workout when you don't have something written out.

    I need to write out a more concrete plan in the near future. I wrote down a half-hearted one just to get me through this coming weekend, but I need a more solid plan. After I get back from this weekend's events, I'll be writing up a new training plan.

    ReplyDelete