Monday, January 12, 2015

Frozen Fun [DPHM Week 6]

Oh my! What a week!

Monday: strength training
Tuesday: unplanned rest
Wednesday: 4.8
Thursday: 4.86
Friday: 1.32
Saturday: 6.0 + strength training
Sunday: 5.84

Total Miles: 22.82


Look! Two days of strength training; I am killing it! See also: my husband was gone for most of the week and I was so bored I resorted to going to the gym. Wednesday was my birthday run. 5 degrees F, 5 miles, 15 runner friends. No cake but I did have a celebratory glass of champagne. Champagne is definitely the way to go.


Thursday was epically cold. Frozen eyelashes and frost forming on my hat cold. I am so glad that I was able to meet up with three other runners from run club! I'm not sure how long I would have lasted on my own. The picture is only of three of us because our fourth runner decided to keep running!


-24 windchill. #badass
Friday wasn't really a planned run, but Mr. Shoe has been working on some awesome ideas for taking pictures during the Disney Princess Half Marathon and we needed to test our photography skills. Still a bit of a work in progress, but we got a couple of okay shots.


All miles were completed at an easy pace. No real hamstring issues this week; I kept my pace very easy on all of my runs. Sunday I was actually planning to try for 7 miles, but my stomach had other plans. It was probably for the best all things considered (after all, I did say I was going to keep all runs under 5 miles...oops).

2 comments:

  1. Yay for another great week! And way to go on the 2 days of strength training! I don't know how you do it. I would die in temps like that (ok, not really, but you know what I mean). I don't handle cold well, so major props for running in freezing temps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm learning that running with people can be the difference between a successful winter run and not making it out the door! Right now everyone's at work (I still have a little time before I start my new job) so I'm trying to motivate myself to get outside alone....

    ReplyDelete