Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December Goals

I'm finding it hard to believe that there is just on month left in 2015. October and November were sort of strange months for me in terms of running, so I am hoping to get December on track and stay there.

I ran a half marathon at the end of September and started October needing to recover. Except I was determined to maintain my marathon training schedule and ended up pushing myself too hard. I ended up taking the first week of October completely off from running and the second week I ran a whopping 11 miles. The third week of October ended with my first marathon, and even though it felt like I had just taken a break from running, I knew that I really needed to take a break from running.

In November I tried to start running a bit more, 3-4 very, very short runs per week but I was sidelined by a nasty cold a week ago. I decided that if there was ever a time to take a few extra days off, it was now. I don't have any races lined up in the near future, so I didn't feel guilty at all about snuggling up on the couch with little kitty and a box of kleenex.

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur...
Which brings me up to December. One final month to make 2015 awesome. My 2015 mileage is currently sitting at ~1360 miles. It would be pretty freaking awesome to hit 1500 for the year, but I am just not sure if that is a realistic expectation. Last year I had set a goal of running 1000 miles, but ended up finishing the year with 963. Definitely disappointing and I'd like to skip the disappointment this year. This year my only goal was to run more and not get injured. If I stopped running right now, I'd still have achieved my goal for the year.

Obviously I don't want to do that. I am setting a few goals to help keep me on track for this final month.

1. Get back into P90X. I let this slide while I was sick. And then when I was feeling better I started running again but neglected P90X.

2. Keep running! I'll be aiming for 1463 miles (500 miles more than last year) as my easy goal and 1500 as a stretch goal. Like I said, I haven't been running much lately and I want to be sure to rebuild my weekly mileage safely, instead of pushing myself just to hit a random number of miles.

2 comments:

  1. I also can't believe it is December. When did that happen?!

    1360 miles for the year is pretty awesome! I had a goal of running 2015k in 2015, but life had other plans for me. Oh well. Try again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping that December is a good month for you! What a tumultuous year 2015 has been for you, so I hope that the year will end well, and 2016 will be a lot better :)

    ReplyDelete