Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Happy Holidays

I have just a few more hours of work standing between me and 11 glorious days off. I am so looking forward to sleeping in, finishing my grad school application, and making time for running and cross training. Oh and presents! I am definitely looking forward to presents!

My mother in law bought me this awesome ornament last year!
I have not run at all over the past four days and, if the forecast for thunderstorms is accurate, I probably won't be running tonight either. My husband has been extremely sick for the past week and I just keep waiting for his cold to claim me too. I started feeling a bit congested over the weekend and decided not to run with the hopes keeping myself healthy. It seems to be working because apart from a tiny bit of congestion, I feel fine. Thank you, rest days!

I'm not stressing too much about missed runs, because the break is really stoking the fire for my spring training. I am so excited to take on a new training plan and start crushing some 5ks! I mean I still need to sign up for some spring races and actually write the training plan, but other than that, I am ready!

I've also been working on the two most popular posts of the season: 2015 recap and 2016 goals. Hopefully those posts will be up next week. Until then Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas/Happy Festivus!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Holidays Heather! Hope you have a relaxing break! Can't wait to see what's next for you :)

    ReplyDelete